Re: [platform-releng-dev] Where is org.eclipse.releng.generators.UpdateBuilder?

The class exists on an internal project that hasn't yet been moved to the open source site.  We have an internal project that we use in our builds  that stores JDKs, and other binary utilities used in the build that can't be stored on the open source site.

Basically it  backs up the existing site.xml, generates the content for the new build, and updates the site.xml.  Other teams obviously do something similar in their builds so I would suggest asking on the cross project list for code that is available on eclipse.org.

Kim

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/17/2007 11:30 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."        <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-releng-dev] Where is        org.eclipse.releng.generators.UpdateBuilder?

Hello,

I'm revamping our build infrastructure, and want to generate site.xml automatically.
I found some references to org.eclipse.releng.generators.UpdateBuilder e.g. in

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/pde-build-dev/msg00394.html

But I cannot find that class anywhere. releng.eclipsebuilder seems to indicate
that this shold be in plugins/org.eclipse.internal.build.tools in the basebuilder,
but it is not there.

Any suggestion how I could generate site.xml automagically?

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.