[platform-releng-dev] building single plugin

My team is working on a branched version of o.e.jdt.core, as well as
several other plugins that are not presently part of releng.

We would like to be able to build our branched version of this plugin
automatically, in a way that is as close as possible to what releng
produces.  But we don't want to build the whole Eclipse SDK; we just
want to build this one plugin.

I'm trying to understand the releng scripts, but there's a lot of
material there; perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.
How can I do a command-line build of a single plugin (o.e.jdt.core) and
be sure that I'm building the same way (same build settings, same JDT,
...) as releng does?

Thanks for any help.

  -Walter Harley
   BEA Systems Inc.