Re: [platform-help-dev] Eclipse Help TOC and Searching with ContentProducers

> is there a way to get the Eclipse help search to index the content streams provided by the ContentProducer? It doesn't seem to do that by default, is there a second extension point that provides that?
Dynamic content is indexed and searchable when I run org.eclipse.help.tests plug-in (it has a dynamic topic).

> is there a way to override or provide a class for the org.eclipse.help.toc extension point
It is a good idea, but currently there is no way to provide TOC dynamically.

Konrad Kolosowski

Goss Nuzzo-jones <gnuzzoj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-help-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/17/2005 10:55 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Help component developers list."

platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-help-dev] Eclipse Help TOC and Searching with        ContentProducers

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice in using a ContentProducer to make an Eclipse help plug-in.

First, is there a way to get the Eclipse help search to index the content streams provided by the ContentProducer? It doesn't seem to do that by default, is there a second extension point that provides that?

Second, is there a way to override or provide a class for the org.eclipse.help.toc extension point? I'd like to dynamically create the Table of Contents on the fly, so writing out the XML file doesn't lend itself to that.

Haven't been able to find any documentation on this topic besides the API and examples in the help system on the web.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Sincerely,
Goss