Re: [platform-help-dev] Unable to open Help in Unix

On Thu, 2005-20-01 at 10:09 +0530, roopa.mahishi@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have set the custom browser to mozilla. Again on clicking on the
> Help->Help Contents, it gives me Server Error(BAD_URL), pointing
> to an invalid URL. The URL is pointing to
> http://127.0.0.1:50396/help/index.jsp. Is this URL pointing to the correct
> IP address of help.?

Looks correct to me, it shows up as:

http://127.0.0.1:52313/help/index.jsp

on my linux box. The port number difference shouldn't matter because it
is dynamically assigned (at least that's how I'm using it.

I had a problem similar to the one you are describing when I was running
eclipse on a remote machine with X11 forwarding. I just tested this with
3.1-m4 and it seems to be gone. You might want to try 3.1-m4 if you are
running it remotely.

HTH, Ben

Back to the top