[platform-help-dev] Lucene analyzers for double-byte languages?

Help Developers:

With regard to

    http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-help-dev/msg00082.html

has there been any success in creating Lucene analyzers for Japanese,
Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean?

Our need is to enable search in these languages on Eclipse 2.0.2

If there aren't any analyzers, would we need to hack the JSPs to disable or
hide the search UI?  (Merely to confirm.)

I did notice in looking at the Lucene site that an analyzer is available
for Simplified Chinese:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lucene-dev&m=100705753831746&q=p3

I presume that would need a wrapper to plug into the
org.eclipse.help.luceneAnalyzer extension point.

Thanks,

Erik Hennum
ehennum AT us.ibm.com

Back to the top