[platform-help-dev] Is UTF-8 encoding assumed for all languages?

Hi:

I'm experiencing some strangeness with NL content in the help system. I
have Russian documents (navigation and help files) encoded in windows-1251
code page that sometimes display as gibberish.

It looks to me like the frameset document (index.jsp) encoding of UTF-8 is
interfering with the browser's interpretation of the encodings in the
individual frames.

This problem occurs in both Mozilla 1.3.1 and Internet Explorer 6. Is this
a known limitation of the help system or of browsers?

I suppose a workaround would be to convert all of our help content to UTF-8
before generating the doc plugins... yikes.

Dan
--
Dan Scott

Back to the top