Re: [platform-help-dev] Unable match Xerces AND Class Cast Exception for Xerces while starting Eclipse

Vipul,

This mailing list is for help system development issues only. Please post
your question on the eclipse.tools newsgroup.
Thanks.

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Vipul Sagare            |
|         |           <vipul_sagare@xxxxxxxxx>|
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           platform-help-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           01/20/2003 10:20 AM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           platform-help-dev       |
|         |                                   |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: [platform-help-dev] Unable match Xerces AND Class Cast Exception for Xerces while       |
  |        starting Eclipse                                                                                     |
  |                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                             |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Please ignore this question.  It was error on my part.  I had some jars
in my classpath!!!

Anyway, here is one feature which used to work and does not work
anymore in M4.

- Window -> Swith to Editor  (ctrl+shift+W)

Is this fixed?

Vipul

--- Vipul Sagare <vipul_sagare@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was upgrading Eclipse to SDK-M4-win32 from 2.0.1-win32.  I
> installed
> the new version on top my previous eclipse.  I can not start my
> Eclipse.  I appreciate your help very much.
>
> Here is the log file for two different attempts (different versions
> M4
> and 2.0.2 respecively)
>
> !SESSION

> !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 Jan 17, 2003 17:07:13.13
> !MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
> !STACK
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal Error: Unable to locate matching
> org.apache.xerces plugin.
>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformConfiguration.locateDefaultPlugins(PlatformConfiguration.java:2265)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformConfiguration.<init>(PlatformConfiguration.java:903)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformConfiguration.startup(PlatformConfiguration.java:1368)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.initialize(InternalBootLoader.java:582)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.startup(InternalBootLoader.java:989)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:838)

>            at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:462)
>            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>            at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:247)
>            at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:703)
>            at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:539)
>
> !SESSION

> !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 Jan 17, 2003 17:15:11.392
> !MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
> !STACK
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration
>            at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(SAXParser.java:95)
>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginParser.initializeParser(PluginParser.java:78)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginParser.<clinit>(PluginParser.java:43)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.processManifestFile(RegistryLoader.java:89)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.processPluginPathFile(RegistryLoader.java:136)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.processPluginPathEntry(RegistryLoader.java:127)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.processManifestFiles(RegistryLoader.java:104)
>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.parseRegistry(RegistryLoader.java:63)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.parseRegistry(RegistryLoader.java:71)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.parsePlugins(InternalPlatform.java:742)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.loadRegistry(InternalPlatform.java:686)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.loaderStartup(InternalPlatform.java:562)

>            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.startup(InternalBootLoader.java:909)

>            at

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:768)