Re: [platform-help-dev] search index regen triggers (was: infocenter eclipse release 2.0)

To regen an index, Eclipse has to "sense" that a change has occurred in the
plug-ins, and the official way to do that is to update the version number
in the plug-in's plugin.xml file. This is what you would do, for example,
if you were sending an updated plug-in to a customer.

For development-time, though, it's easiest just to delete the cached index
by deleting eclipse\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.help and its
contents.

Kari.

                      "Mark Ayad"
                      <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>             To:       <platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-help-dev-admin@        Subject:  Re: [platform-help-dev] infocenter eclipse release 2.0
                      eclipse.org

                      07/16/2002 11:05 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-help-dev

Question: Lucene Help Search Feature

What event / events triggers a index rebuild, as if more documents are
added
or on the occasion documents are removed ?

Mark