Re: [platform-help-dev] Serving an Infocenter with Tomcat 4.0.3

There are certain builds (for example, F1) where you also have to delete
the _2.0.0 off the end of the org.eclipse.core.boot plug-in directory, to
work around a known bug. This is fixed in later builds, I believe.

Kari Halsted
User Assistance PDT
IBM Canada - Toronto Software Lab
(905) 413-3331 / tl 969-3331 / D3-238

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  To keep our faces toward
change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength
undefeatable.
-- Helen Keller

                    Jack
                    Downing/Westford/IBM@Lotu       To:     platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    s                               cc:
                    Sent by:                        Subject:     [platform-help-dev] Serving an Infocenter with Tomcat
                    platform-help-dev-admin@e        4.0.3
                    clipse.org

                    05/29/2002 05:11 PM
                    Please respond to
                    platform-help-dev

Hello,

I followed the instructions posted at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-help-home/infocenter.html
 for installing a help system as an Infocenter, but I cannot get the
Infocenter to come up using a Tomcat 4.0.3 reference server. Instead, I get
a whole page of java class errors.  I am using the Eclipse stable build F1
(5/21). I did notice that the instructions refer to ...
\org.eclipse.webapp\... but the plugin is now called ...
\org,eclipse.help.webapp_2.0.0.\...  Even when I make these changes to the
Tomcat server.xml and setclasspath.bat files, I still receive errors.  Has
anything else changed in the build that would warrant changing the
instructions?

Thanks for your help.

- Jack