[platform-help-dev] Changed behavior of <topic> elements without hrefs

Somewhat recently (although I'm not sure when) the behavior of "empty"
nodes on the nav tree changed. In the past, when you clicked on a <topic>
element that has a label but no href, the node would expand (if it had
children), and nothing would happen in the content frame; if you had
previously been viewing a topic, it would not go away. Now, when you click
on <topic> with no href, the content frame clears. We have been designing
our navigation trees based on the previous functionality, which was working
well for us.

Was this a conscious design decision, or an accidental change of function?
If it was the previous, what was the reasoning? If the latter, let me know
and I'll open a defect.

Thanks.

Kari Halsted
User Assistance PDT
IBM Canada - Toronto Software Lab
(905) 413-3331 / tl 969-3331 / D3-238

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  To keep our faces toward
change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength
undefeatable.
-- Helen Keller

Back to the top