[platform-help-dev] Dropping R1.0 contribution support

I wouldn't call this a scream, but can you explain why it's being dropped?  I thought that one of the strengths of Eclipse was the ability to add new versions of function without breaking the existing dependencies.  Is there a reason that the new help tooling can't exist alongside the old using the <requires> and match capabilities?
-- Steve Francisco

| Vlad Klicnik wrote...
|  Just a heads up that we are planning to drop support of the R1.0
|  documentation contribution formats as of next Tuesday integration build
|  (12/11) or shortly after. Any documents that are contributed using the
|  R1.0 mechanisms will not be displayed after this point. The documentation
|  provided with Eclipse will work (has been converted). See the help
|  development resources page for more detail/ conversion guide
|  (http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-help-home/dev.html).
|
|  Please SCREAM (post to this mailing list) if you do not want this to
|  happen.

Back to the top