[platform-help-dev] New Help Navigation Syntax

I took a look at the Eclipse Help 2.0 Navigation changes. It looks good. A couple of things I was definitely looking for are in there (e.g. being able to easily contribute a topic multiple times).

I am curious about the fact that infoviews have gone away. How will different views of the info work now? And if infosets are gone, will there be any way of titling a doc web? I am also a little confused about the statement that properties files, both doc.properties and contexts.properties, go away. What are they replaced by? Is the plan to translate the XML directly instead of sepearating strings? Overall that seems like a good idea. This could have an impact on IBM products that have already started to translate separated strings. It could also have an impact on the way we package the translations.

Back to the top