[platform-doc-dev] Possible new names for Eclipse CSS attributes

In off-list discussions there was a suggestion that the naming
conventions proposed for the Eclipse CSS attributes were difficult to
use. The attached proposal offers a new set of names--ones that are more
task-oriented. For example, if you want to describe how to access the
hover help on a system where the user presses [F1], the proposed CSS
class name is "f1". This frees the writer from having to know that this
is the technique used on Windows systems and on Unix systems that do not
use the GTK widget set (which had previously been described by the CSS
attribute "default_ws").

It was also suggested that the general CSS categories (Path Names, Help
Key, and Mouse) may be too restrictive--that there may be other
categories of operation that we will want to describe but which do not
fit into these current categories. If this should occur, we can extend
the table. However, the current proposal appears to cover our current
needs.

Mike Behm
Red Hat (Canada) Ltd.
Title: Eclipse Style Guide

Eclipse Style Guide

Proposed changes to the CSS naming conventions.

O/SCSS
Path namesHelp KeyMouseall_os_ws
win32unixctrlf1helpkeyf1 rtclickctrlclick
Win32onoffoffoffononoffoff
Linux Gtkoffononoffoffonoffoff
Linux Otheroffonoffoffononoffoff
Macoffonoffonoffoffonoff