Re: [platform-doc-dev] Using and modifying platform help for a commercial contribution

eclipse.platform newsgroup would be a better place to ask.

Without modifying Eclipse plug-ins, you can add your own books with topics,
you can include Eclipse books as sections of your books.  To add more
topics in specific places in Eclipse books, there need to be anchors
defined at the desired points to allow insertions.  You can open a feature
request against Doc component for anchors to be added where it makes sense.
As a product you can also control the order the books are shown in help.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

             "WBeren"
             <wendy.beren@acti
             ve-endpoints.com>                                          To
             Sent by:                  <platform-doc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             platform-doc-dev-                                          cc
             admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [platform-doc-dev] Using and
             03/08/2004 03:33          modifying platform help for a
             PM                        commercial contribution

             Please respond to
             platform-doc-dev

Greetings,

My company is developing Eclipse-based applications. The Workbench User
Guide and the Java Developers Tool User Guide have many appropriate
topics for our product, but not all. In addition, we are developing our
own help plug-ins.

My question is:

To what extent can we modify the platform help topics?

Thanks,
Wendy Beren