Re: [platform-doc-dev] Eclipse documentation styles

Mike - I was just reviewing the discussions from December.
You were wondering about tags such as:

Here are some of the tags and markup I've seen but have questions about:

  <P CLASS="Para">
(From the way it is used, I don't think that this differs from <p>.)

Some history is that some of the original docs for eclipse were generated
by Framemaker.  That is the origin of some of these tags.  They were
stripped out of some docs and left in others, depending on who was doing
the writing and what tool they moved to for authoring.

I just saw this from the 2.0 post-mortem notes:

We will improve the way we do documentation.
We will define a style guide and agree on tools.
We plan and test documentation as part of the development process.
We will invest in tools that make the checking less painful.
We will provide content earlier.

Has anything happened on this front since 2.0?  I'm about to start making
some changes to doc...

susan

Back to the top