Re: [platform-doc-dev] Eclipse documentation styles

Basically, it verifies that all of the links in the references/tasks/...
sections of each page have a common format, and that they point to
documents whose <title> and <H1> heading both agree with the link name. It
also has a gui API for modifying those sections and some other stuff.

McQ.

             Mike Behm
             <mbehm@xxxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  platform-doc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-doc-dev-                                          cc
             admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [platform-doc-dev] Eclipse
             02/12/02 15:15            documentation styles

             Please respond to
             platform-doc-dev@
                eclipse.org

Hi Mike,

What I had in mind was a style guide that would make use of cascading style
sheets. With proper HTML markup and CSS files, each vendor could ship
Eclipse
documentation that has the same look and feel as the rest of their
documentation.

Can you tell me what the tool you mention does to canonicalize the html
source?

Mike Wilson wrote:

> The SWT team had a couple of co-ops which wrote a tool for validating and
> canonicalizing the html source for the platform user doc. If there is an
> effort afoot to fix the coding styles, it should take that tool into
> account.
>
> McQ.
>

>              Mike Behm
>              <mbehm@xxxxxxxxxx