Re: [platform-doc-dev] Eclipse documentation styles

Mike, each documentation plugin contains a book.css stylesheet that is
linked by all the topics. The same file is duplicated to all the docs
plugins, although one could probably do some cross plugin linking (using
relative paths such as  ../../common_doc_plugin_id/book.css).

-Dorian

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Mike Behm              |
|         |           <mbehm@xxxxxxxxxx>     |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-doc-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           12/02/2002 03:15 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-doc-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-doc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                |
  |       cc:                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: [platform-doc-dev] Eclipse documentation styles                                         |
  |                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                             |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Mike,

What I had in mind was a style guide that would make use of cascading style
sheets. With proper HTML markup and CSS files, each vendor could ship
Eclipse
documentation that has the same look and feel as the rest of their
documentation.

Can you tell me what the tool you mention does to canonicalize the html
source?

Mike Wilson wrote:

> The SWT team had a couple of co-ops which wrote a tool for validating and
> canonicalizing the html source for the platform user doc. If there is an
> effort afoot to fix the coding styles, it should take that tool into
> account.
>
> McQ.
>

>              Mike Behm
>              <mbehm@xxxxxxxxxx