Re: [platform-dev] Review practice

“The Committers of a Project or component decide which changes may be committed to the master code base of a Project or component respectively. Three +1 ('yes' votes) with no -1 ('no' votes or vetoes) are needed to approve a code change. Vetoes must be followed by an explanation for the veto within 24 hours or the veto becomes invalid. All votes are conducted via the developer mailing list associated with the Project or component.”

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/eclipse-charter.php

While we barely find a single reviewer I suggest to wait that 24h if anybody wants to review before merging without a single reviewer.

Further I suggest, that the PMC clarifies such rule and updates that document to the current practice to clearly state that reviewtools (like gerrit/github) can be used instead of mailing list.

Jörg

Back to the top