Re: [platform-dev] Vote to stop bug auto-closing in all Eclipse platform projects

I can still hear Erich Gamma say in Ludwigsburg: "Every bug report is a love letter" 💕. It is true, and we get a lot of love!

> I'm surprised that people still hope that a 20+ years old project that has been used constantly by 3 to 12 million users can have an empty backlog and expect its developers
> to resolve all its bugs/requirements. Maybe I've been only part of "dirty" teams and projects, but from my various experiences in a diverse set of organizations and goals, ...

I totally agree. Our high bug rate is a sign of success. if you have more devs than reports, you are in trouble.

Also, every rant about auto-closing a bug is someone who cares and maybe will now step up to help fix the issue.

Peace, Wim