Re: [platform-dev] How to document OSGi extensibility?

> To be clear, Eclipse Platform is not an incubator of OSGi, it's placed
> downstream of OSGi and leverages what is released.

I think that's not completely true the specification header[1]

Eclipse-BuddyPolicy
Eclipse-BundleShape
Eclipse-ExtensibleAPI
Eclipse-PlatformFilter
Eclipse-RegisterBuddy

are origin of the Eclipse Foundation and are (afaik) more or less of Eclipse Platform usage/requirements. And as platform heavily depends on Equinox I more count that as part of platform as well as being an independent part that is "just" an OSGi implementation.

Anyways no one has asked to have @noextend and a like to be part of another project so it seems not unusual for the platform to define some custom annotations/documentation means.

I'm not against proposing such a thing at OSGi itself, but waiting for it might take some time and its worth to at least show some usage before proposing a change to include it officially.

[1] https://www.osgi.org/bundle-headers-reference/