From: "Christoph Läubrich" <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "platform-dev" <platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [platform-dev] How to document OSGi extensibility?
Date: Fri, Jan 22, 2021 7:54 AM

One way would be to document this at the package-info.java

Maybe it would be worth to have a special annotation that could be
parsed by eclipse and give a hint to the user when a extensionpoint is
used that also supports OSGi services?

another option would be to annotate an interface with a custom
annotation e.g.

@Whiteboard({"org.eclipse.ui.genericeditor.contentAssistProcessors",
  "whatever else"})
interface IContentAssistProcessors {

}

of course the list would only be a hint and not meant to be complete...