Re: [platform-dev] Regressions in 4.12

On 3/12/19 5:52 AM, Andrey Loskutov wrote:
Hi all,

master is open, everyone starts to push changes and tests start to fail.

This is "usual" but it makes really no fun for me to keep the tests green by hunting after each new fail and bisecting who changed what and to which bug the fail belongs.
It would be great if the people contributing patches would also verify that the patches do not cause new regressions.

If you wait for the North American people to come to the office, they can do this for you. :)

ant.tests.ui : 6 new test fails on GTK3, see

https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20190311-1800/testresults/html/org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_ep412I-unit-cen64-gtk3-java8_linux.gtk.x86_64_8.0.html
https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20190311-1800/testresults/html/org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_ep412I-unit-cen64-gtk3-java11_linux.gtk.x86_64_11.html

ui.tests: 1 new test fail on GTK3, see

https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20190311-1800/testresults/html/org.eclipse.ui.tests_ep412I-unit-cen64-gtk3-java8_linux.gtk.x86_64_8.0.html
https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20190311-1800/testresults/html/org.eclipse.ui.tests_ep412I-unit-cen64-gtk3-java11_linux.gtk.x86_64_11.html

It looks like these failures all come from the same patch. Out of the 17 patches I merged yesterday, 1 regression isn't a bad percentage IMO. Xi and I will take a look today.

Eric

Back to the top