[platform-dev] Regressions in 4.12

Hi all,

master is open, everyone starts to push changes and tests start to fail.

This is "usual" but it makes really no fun for me to keep the tests green by hunting after each new fail and bisecting who changed what and to which bug the fail belongs.
It would be great if the people contributing patches would also verify that the patches do not cause new regressions.

Please after you have merged something (even if Gerrit is OK), consider to verify that your changes do not cause regressions on the next day SDK build.

The easiest way to see a new SDK regression is to keep fails count by zero.

Right now we have that in GTK3 builds (except few unstable tests in jdt.core.tests.builder and jdt.core.tests.model), so it should be easy to see if a regression is introduced by a recent change.

As of today (master is open for one day!) I see that we *already* have some new regressions in:

ant.tests.ui : 6 new test fails on GTK3, see

https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20190311-1800/testresults/html/org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_ep412I-unit-cen64-gtk3-java8_linux.gtk.x86_64_8.0.html
https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20190311-1800/testresults/html/org.eclipse.ant.tests.ui_ep412I-unit-cen64-gtk3-java11_linux.gtk.x86_64_11.html

ui.tests: 1 new test fail on GTK3, see

https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20190311-1800/testresults/html/org.eclipse.ui.tests_ep412I-unit-cen64-gtk3-java8_linux.gtk.x86_64_8.0.html
https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20190311-1800/testresults/html/org.eclipse.ui.tests_ep412I-unit-cen64-gtk3-java11_linux.gtk.x86_64_11.html

Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

Спасение утопающих - дело рук самих утопающих

https://www.eclipse.org/user/aloskutov

Back to the top