Re: [platform-dev] What to do with old issues?

One addition to this: If the bug was *repeatable* before, and you can still (because the UI hasn't changed too much) repeat the same steps but *not* see it now, mark the bug as *FIXED*, not WORKSFORME/INVALID.  Clearly, the bug used to happen and isn't happening any more, so we FIXED it at some point, even if we don't know when it was.

McQ.

Inactive hide details for John Arthorne---2014/06/26 10:23:35 AM---Absolutely, any bug that is no longer reproducible please feJohn Arthorne---2014/06/26 10:23:35 AM---Absolutely, any bug that is no longer reproducible please feel free to  close as either WORKSFORME o

From: John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
To: "Eclipse platform general developers list." <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2014/06/26 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: [platform-dev] What to do with old issues?
Sent by: platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Absolutely, any bug that is no longer reproducible please feel free to close as either WORKSFORME or INVALID. There is no need to set a target milestone (that is only needed for FIXED bugs). That kind of triage is very helpful since there are many thousand old bugs and only so many active contributors to look at them.

John