Re: [platform-dev] Eclipse 3.8.1 Release Build: 3.8.1 Platform SDK

Hi John,

One problem that I’ve run into today is:

When I cannot access any p2 repositories directly because I’m on a closed network without access to the outside, I have no way now to get the Platform Sources in the form of a zipped p2 repo (which I can put on an USB key or similar). The Eclipse SDK is not a good replacement for a p2 repo IMHO (or can I use the SDK as a source for p2 director?)

What I would suggest is discontinuing the multiple individual p2 repos, and providing a single zipped p2 repo of the entire Eclipse Project Deliveries instead.

Or maybe replace the “rcp.source” p2 repo by a “platform.source” p2 repo which includes rcp.source.

Do you think that would make sense ?

The only workaround I can think of right now is using the p2 mirroring application to mirror a p2 repo … but given that release repos are composites from what I understand, it would perhaps be difficult to get an EXACT version of the Platform (such as 3.8.1) when I need it.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6