Re: [platform-dev] What are the most significantly parts of Eclipse Architecture

Equinox, the Eclipse OSGi implementation, is another important piece. Overall you have captured the main parts of the Eclipse SDK. Of course the Eclipse "Ecosystem" is much larger and made up of hundreds of projects. One minor correction is the Eclipse Workspace/Resource model is not part of RCP. Eclipse Platform is the IDE platform that adds the resource model and various other bits on *top* of the RCP components.

John

Simone Amorim <simone.internet@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/13/2012 05:12 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform general developers list."        <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-dev] What are the most significantly parts of Eclipse        Architecture

Hello

I am starting to study the Eclipse Ecosystem Architecture for my Thesis. I separated some parts of Eclipse to study. I intend to study the code of this parts and to discovery how the architectural principles are present in this code. I need to get the information that represent the architecture as a whole. I separated the following parts to study:

1 - Eclipse Platform:

1.1  Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP):

1.1.1 - Workspaces
1.1.2 - SWT
1.1.3 - JFACE

2 - Eclipse PDE

3 - Eclipse JDT

I considered that this parts are the most significantly parts that represent the Eclipse architecture. I would like to ask an advice for you. What are the most important parts of Eclipse Architecture should I study?

regards,