[platform-dev] What are the most significantly parts of Eclipse Architecture

Hello

I am starting to study the Eclipse Ecosystem Architecture for my Thesis. I separated some parts of Eclipse to study. I intend to study the code of this parts and to discovery how the architectural principles are present in this code. I need to get the information that represent the architecture as a whole. I separated the following parts to study:

1 - Eclipse Platform:

1.1  Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP):

1.1.1 - Workspaces
1.1.2 - SWT
1.1.3 - JFACE

2 - Eclipse PDE

3 - Eclipse JDT

I considered that this parts are the most significantly parts that represent the Eclipse architecture. I would like to ask an advice for you. What are the most important parts of Eclipse Architecture should I study?

regards,

Back to the top