[platform-dev] Possible mistake in documentation for PreferencePage?

Hope this is the right place to ask about a statement in PreferencePage documentation, that I suspect to be wrong.

I was reading Eclipse Platform documentation from:
http://help.eclipse.org/help33/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/jface/preference/PreferencePage.html

That states that:
"Subclasses must implement the createControl framework method to supply the page's main control."

My question:
Shouldn't id be "Subclasses must implement the _createContents_ framework method to supply the page's main control."?

Because createControl is inherited from DialogPage and implements buttons and decoration. The method then calls the abstract createContents that people use to fill out the preference page with SWT controls.

Best regards,
Daniel Ferber

Back to the top