Re: [platform-dev] Putting Eclipse on Linux PowerPC on the regular testing schedule

Hi Corey

Thank you for your offer to contribute test results.  Are you asking for these tests to be run as part of the build process?  Or run locally on your test machine after  the buld has run?

With each build, there is a a eclipse-Automated-Tests-${buildId}.zip  which contains the files required to run the JUnit tests run during the build.  There are instructions on how to run the tests link from the build page, for instance,

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20060614-0843/automatedtesting.html

Please open a bug against platform releng with this request.  This will allow us to track  the issue. If you have questions about the process, please let me know.

Kim

Corey Ashford <cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/2006 09:06 PM

Please respond to
cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
"Eclipse platform general developers list." <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
gsmith@xxxxxxxxxx, mpjohn@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[platform-dev] Putting Eclipse on Linux PowerPC on the regular        testing schedule

We would like to have releases of Eclipse tested on PowerPC on Linux
(SLES 10) on a regular schedule, just like it is for the other
platforms, and have the results posted publicly.  Basically, we'd like
PowerPC on Linux to be a first-class Eclipse citizen.  We have machine
and people resources we can devote to this.

Where do I start with this process?  Where can I find information as to
how to set up whatever infrastructure is needed?

Thanks for your consideration.

- Corey

Corey Ashford
Software Engineer
IBM Linux Technology Center, Linux Toolchain
Beaverton, OR
503-578-3507
cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxx