Re: [platform-dev] eclipse-3.0.1 ate my ¬ character

Henrik,

looks like the font used in Eclipse does not support those characters.
Choose another font (Preferences > Workbench > Colors and Fonts).
In the future please ask question about the usage of Eclipse on the
newsgroups.

HTH
Dani

             Henrik Sorensen
             <henrik.sorensen@
             balcab.ch>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-dev-admi                                          cc
             n@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [platform-dev] eclipse-3.0.1 ate my
             18.02.2005 04:52          ¬ character

             Please respond to
             platform-dev@ecli
                  pse.org

Using eclipse-linux-motif-3.0.1, on a x86 gentoo distribution.

just noticed something strange.

In a text file I have a ¬ (0x3f) character, at least when using a plain
editor
outside eclipse. But when using the ecplise text editor, it gets replaced
with a '?'.

Further I cannot re-type the ¬ character in eclipse.

I have tried to change the "preferences/workbench/editors/text file
encoding",
but with no luck.

Where should I look to fix this problem ?

thanks for your help

Henrik