Re: [platform-dev] 3.0 and GTK 2.4.x

On March 25, 2004 02:24 pm, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> - Does current 3.0 stream intend to be compatible with (new) 2.4.0 GTK
> release? - Is GTK 2.4.0 using for testing 3.0-stream linux-gtk-builds?

For GTK, Eclipse will be officially supporting version 2.2.1.  Please see the
Eclipse Project Draft 3.0 Plan
("http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/eclipse_project_plan_3_0.html#TargetOperatingEnvironments";).
This is the version on which testing will be done.

However, there are at least 2 members of the Platform-UI team who feel that
support for GTK2.4.x is important for 3.0.  I've upgraded to GTK2.4.0 today,
and have yet to encounter any problems using Eclipse.  If you find any
problems, please report them using Bugzilla.

As GTK2.4.0 is intended to be binary compatible with GTK2.2.x, hopefully there
will be a minimum of problems.

d.

Back to the top