Re: [platform-dev] Velocity Plugin

Joe,
My company uses Velocity in some of its products. I think its a great templating engine. We are also using eclipse for our tools that access the product line's servers. Recently we have been kicking around the idea of making Velocity a plugin to eclipse and donating the effort to the group. Seems like you have already done this. I don't know if the platform group at eclipse.org is interested in this plugin, but I certainly am and would appreciate getting a copy if possible.

Thanks,
George

Joseph Fifield wrote:

(I apologize if this is the wrong place to be posting this)

I have been working on a open source plugin that makes use of Velocity
(http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/) for source code generation from
templates. I created a simple plugin for the Velocity libraries, similar to
the Ant or Xerces plugins, so it could be reused.

I was curious if it would make sense to include this plugin in the platform
for others to use? What do people think about this?

Thanks for your input!

Joe