[platform-dev] Solaris-Eclipse Winzip...

Hi folks,

New to the list.  I am trying to unzip the Solaris package for Eclipse.  I
downloaded the Solaris Winzip file to NT/2000, then uploaded it to my
Solaris machine.  The gunzip won't recognize the .zip extension, I get an
error...

-rw-r--r--   1 alincoln users    36317165 Apr  2 14:11 eclipse.gz
atilla:/home/alincoln/eclipse >> gunzip -c eclipse.gz
gunzip: eclipse.gz has more than one entry--rest ignored
atilla:/home/alincoln/eclipse >> gunzip -c eclipse
gunzip: eclipse.gz has more than one entry--rest ignored
atilla:/home/alincoln/eclipse >>

I tried using Winzip on my Windows 2000 machine, but it responds saying that
the file is not a valid archive.  I searched around on the Eclipse site, but
found nothing on the Solaris package or any problem unpacking it...Anyone
know what might be the trouble?

tia,

Adym Lincoln
Edgewater Technology, Inc.
Phone: (603) 644-2445, 7261
Fax: (603) 669-8330

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to the top