[platform-debug-dev] launch shortcut question

Hello,

For our debugger I am implementing a launch configuration type and a launch shortcut for that type.

Some of the configurations of that type are created based on a project and for these configurations I call LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy.setMappedResources().

But other configurations of the same type are based on different selection (an external file from a different view) so there is no project associated with these launch configuration instances. In that case I don’t call LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy.setMappedResources().

Here is the problem:

When I select a project and click on the debug toolbar a previously created configuration based on external file is launched automatically.  Everything works fine if all my launch configurations had mapped resource associated with them.

I traced that this behaviour is due to LaunchConfigurationManager.getApplicableLaunchConfigurations.

When the function is trying to find launch configurations applicable to a specific resource it assumes that if a launch configuration doesn’t have mapped resources the launch configuration should be applicable.

I was wandering if there is an API that should be called so the launch configuration manager won’t assume  configuration that doesn’t have mapped resource will be applicable for this resource?

Thanks

Dobrin

Back to the top