[platform-debug-dev] BreakpointActionType extension point enablement

Hi,

This is a suggestion for Breakpoint Action, and since there is talk about moving this feature to Platform, I'm copying
patform-debug-dev.

The CDT currently provides an extension point BreakpointActionType to define actions to execute when a breakpoint is hit.
I would like to add an optional 'enablement' condition to control when that ActionType is applicable.

For example, for Tracepoints, a different set of actions is applicable.  "Resume" does not apply for a Tracepoint, while a new
"Collect" would only apply to Tracepoints.

I would add the standard "enablement" support with:
<!ELEMENT enablement (not , and , or , instanceof , test , systemTest , equals , count , with , resolve , adapt , iterate , reference)*>

I don't know how close this feature is to being part of Platform and if this was already discussed.

Should I go ahead and open a bug in CDT and make a patch for CDT?

Thanks

Marc

Back to the top