Re: [platform-debug-dev] Implementing IWatchExpressionDelegate

> > Generally, you can retrieve the variables contained in a variable by
using
> > IVariable.getValue().getVariables(). I.e. a value representing a data
> > structure may contain more variables.

> Yes. That would solve the problem ... if I would have the variable of
> the Watch Expression - but I only have the expression:String, or did I
> miss something?

It's up to your watch expression delegate/debugger to evaluate the
expression in any given context.  Perhaps it binds to a variable in a
given stack frame context, perhaps not. That's up to your
debugger/language to decide. The platform has no knowledge on how to
compile expressions generically.

For example, the Java debugger compiles each expression in the context of
the given stack frame. This may result in compilation errors (if the
referenced variables are not visible), or in a valid AST that can be
interpreted.

Darin

Back to the top