Re: Re[platform-debug-dev] dundant launches remain in Debug View after Run

I would suggest to subclass Launch if possible, so you can just call the
fireTerminate() method in the superclass (Launch). Otherwise, you will be
accessing internals.

Darin

Curtis Windatt/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/30/2008 04:18 PM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."
<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."
<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Re[platform-debug-dev] dundant launches remain in Debug     View after
Run

The event is fired through the LaunchManager. See the fireTerminate()
method on Launch.

if (!fSuppressChange) {
((LaunchManager)getLaunchManager()).fireUpdate(this, LaunchManager.
TERMINATE);
((LaunchManager)getLaunchManager()).fireUpdate(new ILaunch[] {this},
LaunchManager.TERMINATE);
}
removeEventListener();

Curtis

"Vincent W. Hou" ---10/30/2008 04:10:06 PM---Hi Darin,

"Vincent W. Hou" <Vincent.Hou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/30/2008 04:10 PM

Re: Re[platform-debug-dev] dundant launches remain in Debug View after Run

Hi Darin,

Many thanks for your hint.

Yes, we are using a custom implementation of ILaunch. However, I could not
find the fireTerminated() method available in ILaunch.

For your information, we are using Eclipse 3.4.

Sincerely,

Vincent Hou

Darin Wright wrote:

> Are you using a custom implementation of ILaunch?
>
> The launch must fire a terminate event when it terminates so interested
> parties update. The simplest way to do this (if you are using a custom
> implementation of ILaunch, which is a subclass of Launch) is to call
> "Launch.fireTerminated()".
>
> Darin
>

> "Vincent W. Hou" <Vincent.Hou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 10/30/2008 02:53 PM
> Please respond to
> "Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."
> <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re[platform-debug-dev] dundant launches remain in Debug View after Run
>

> We developed a Launch Configuration to run an ESB service. The problem
is
> that each time we run an ESB service, a new launch configuration is
> accumulated to the Debug view despite the fact that we are running the
> same
> service (see below).
>
>   test3 [ESB Service]
>   test3 [ESB Service]
>   test3 [ESB Service]
>
> We were hoping to see the name change in the history to something like
> <terminated> launch name and the launch will be reused next time the
same
> service is run (see below).
>
>   <terminated> test3 [ESB Service]
>
> For your information, the isTerminated() method does return true,
meaning
> that our launch has been terminated. For some reason, it does not update

> the
> launch information with <terminated> and then reuse the same service
next
> time it is run again.
>
> Does anybody have a solution for this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vincent Hou
> --
Nabble.com.