RE: [platform-debug-dev] Memory view with word addressand properformatting

Thanks for pointing out the typo.

I’ll submit an enhancement request.

From: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Samantha Chan
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:00 PM
To: Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list.
Subject: RE: [platform-debug-dev] Memory view with word addressand properformatting

Here are the lines that you have added:
org.eclipse.debug.ui/org.eclipse.debug.ui.memory.rowSize\:com.ambric.debug.ui=8
org.eclipse.debug.ui/org.eclipse.debug.ui.memory.columnSize\:com.ambric.ui=1

Looks like the debug model id is not specified properly in one of the preferences.  One has "debug" in the model id, and another doesn't.

There was a requirement for the model to be able to persist memory rendering settings.  The IPersistableDebugElement interface was introduced as an experimental interface to solve the problem and was never published as public API.

Please open an enhancement request so that we can keep track of this problem.  Your feedback to using this API will be useful when we look at this problem again.

Thanks...
Samantha

"Chris Genly" <chrisg@xxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list." <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

09/23/2008 05:45 PM

RE: [platform-debug-dev] Memory view with word address and        properformatting

Tantalizing answer.  But so far I’ve had no luck in getting this to work.  I’ve tried to understand this by reading the eclipse source code and the help.  From the help:

Products extension point

The possible property names that are honored by the platform for product customization are defined in IProductConstants. See the javadoc for a complete description of these properties and their values. We'll look at these further in Customizing a product.

public interface IProductConstants

These constants define the set of properties that the UI expects to be available via IProduct.getProperty(String).

--

It seems to me that only a fixed set of preferences can be predefined: ABOUT_IMAGE, ABOUT_TEXT, WELCOME_PAGE, …
If plugin_customization.ini is more powerful than this I’d appreciate a pointer to the documentation or source.

We have our own product.  Here is an excerpt of plugin.xml from our feature branding plugin.

<plugin>

    <extension id="ide" point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.products">
      <product name="%productName" application="org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" description="%productBlurb">
          <property name="windowImages" value="A-m-logo-only-RGB-16x16.gif,A-m-logo-only-RGB-32x32.gif,A-m-logo-only-RGB-16x16.jpg,A-m-logo-only-RGB-32x32.jpg"/>
          <property name="aboutImage" value="AmbricLogo-White-R-120plus.png"/>
          <property name="aboutText" value="%productBlurb"/>
          <property name="appName" value="aDesigner"/>
          <property name="preferenceCustomization" value="plugin_customization.ini"/>

</plugin>

I’ve changed the plugin_customization.ini file in the same directory as the above plugin.xml with no effect.  I’ve even deleted the .metadata in the workspace I’m testing in to force it to get defaults.

Here are the lines I’ve added to the plugin_customization.ini