RE: [platform-debug-dev] Memory view with word address and proper formatting

Title: Message
Hi Chris,

> Any suggestions on how to define a default format for my memory block.

On the IDE project that I work on, we've solved this problem by overriding the Eclipse defaults in a plugin_customizations.ini file that we supply in one of our feature plug-ins. I don't fully understand the magic of how these plugin_customization.ini files work, but the relevant lines in ours look like this:

  # Default memory view preferences for our memory block
  org.eclipse.debug.ui/org.eclipse.debug.ui.memory.rowSize\:<my.debug.model.id>=16
  org.eclipse.debug.ui/org.eclipse.debug.ui.memory.columnSize\:<my.debug.model.id>=1
The "Packaging and delivering Eclipse based products/Defining a Product/Customizing a primary feature" section of the Platform Plug-in Developer Guide in the Eclipse Help looks like it might have some relevant information about plugin_customization.ini files.

Hope this helps,
-Ken

Back to the top