Re: [platform-debug-dev] 3.5 planning process?

Hi Pawel,

Generally, the debug component submits top level plan items to the PMC. As
the committer pool becomes more diverse, the process will become more
involved.

I would suggest that we create bugzilla entries for features that we want
to work on for the next release (if they are not already created). Then
use the platform-debug mailing list to discuss the set of features that
different groups want to work on. For example, WindRiver/CDT/DSDP wants to
work on X, Y, Z, and IBM wants to work on A, B, Z. The more overlap we
have, the better :-) Based on the master list of features and set of
resources we have, we should agree on a refined list of top level plan
items to submit to the PMC.

In the past, the release plan has not appeared until the first or second
milestone - as investigation/experimentation takes place and we gather
requirements from community, etc. However, as soon as you have this
information we can start to discuss it.

As for how much time should you reserve... I don't know. Likely it's more
"how much time do you have" that determines the final feature list.

Darin

Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/05/2008 12:28 PM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."
<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."
<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[platform-debug-dev] 3.5 planning process?

Hi
I know everyone is knee deep in Ganymede right now, so I don't want to
rush this discussion.  But I'd like to get an idea what will be the
process for creating the project plan for the next release and how I
should plan to schedule time to work on its features.  One of my major
concerns is that while I can schedule my time to work on features I
still need someone's time to review my work.  And on the reverse side,
how much of my time should I allocate to review other committers' work.

Cheers,
Pawel