[platform-debug-dev] popupMenu action (viewerContribution) in MemoryView with custom Renderings?

Hi all,

Wondering if someone can help me with this one -
I'm trying to create an action in the context menu of the MemoryView but
running into roadblocks.
Here's what I did :

1) created viewerContribution at org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus extension point
with targetID=org.eclipse.debug.ui.MemoryView
2) created action under viewerContribution using class which implements
IViewActionDelegate

here's the snippet from my plugin.xml:

      <extension
            point="org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus">
    <viewerContribution
          id="com.amis.skt.debug.ui.MemoryViewPopup"
          targetID="org.eclipse.debug.ui.MemoryView">
       <action
             class=
"com.amis.skt.debug.internal.ui.views.memory.renderings.CreateWatchExpressionActionDelegate"
             icon="icons/expression_obj.gif"
             id=
"com.amis.skt.debug.internal.ui.views.memory.renderings.CreateWatchExpressionActionDelegate"
             label="Create Watch Expression"
             menubarPath="additions"
             tooltip="Create Watch Expression for Memory Location"/>
    </viewerContribution>
      </extension>

No matter what I seem to do, this context menu action isn't showing up
anywhere!?
The only thing that I can think might be causing a problem would be the
fact that we have implemented custom renderings using the
org.eclipse.debug.ui.memoryRenderings extension point. Is that possible?

I'm pretty new to eclipse plugin development, particularily on the debug
platform, so any pointers (or should I say 'tips' since this is Java we're
working with... ;) ) would be appreciated!

Cheers
Todd

AMI Semiconductor - "Silicon Solutions for the Real World"
NOTICE:
This electronic message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the copy you received.

Back to the top