Re: [platform-debug-dev] extending VariablesView?

Darin,

The tutorial is very interesting. I might be able to do what I want with the memory renderings, however, the source for the example.debug.memoryview exercise is missing. I've done a quick google and can't find it anywhere. Do you have a pointer to it?

Thanks,

---
Derek

Darin Wright wrote:

 > Darin,
 >
 > Thanks for your quick reply.
 >
 > Am am writing the plugin for an embedded system. This system has some
 > hardware registers (for peripherals) in the processors memory map. These
 > can be viewed using a Memory view, but this is very clunky.
 >
 > Typically, each peripheral will have a small number of memory-mapped
 > registers (<16), they may not be contiguous in the memory map, they may
 > be 8-, 16- or 32-bits wide and very often they consist of separate
> bit-fields. Therefore, each peripheral, in effect, needs it own custom view.
 >
 > None of the current views even comes close...

In 3.2, we added experimental support for 'flexible content'. Basically, a model can present and drive the update of any hierarchy of elements in a debug view. However, the presentation (controls - tree/table) remains as is. We hope to make the 3.2 support public API in 3.3. There was a tutorial covering this material at EclipseCon 2006 - you can review the presentation here: http://eclipsezilla.eclipsecon.org/php/attachment.php?bugid=58.

Hopefully you are familiar with the DSDP project which is aimed at embedded developers - http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/

Darin