Re: [platform-debug-dev] AsynchronousTreeViewer and IMemoryBlockRetrieval

> As to distinguish what classes and interfaces are going to be public, I do
> not think we have a systematic way of doing it.  Maybe what we need is to
> update the java docs and mark the internal APIs as "experimental"?

The debug platform also needs to distinguish what classes/interfaces we intend to become API in a later release, regarding flexible hierachy support. We should create new packages for experimental classes intended to become API. I believe the evolving standard is to use "provisional" packages - i.e. something like 'org.eclipse.debug.ui.provisional.viewers'. I need to find out if the 'internal' identifier should still be used.

Darin

Back to the top