Re: [platform-debug-dev] End-of-line conversion in launch configurations

Hi Ken,

This is a known problem with launch configurations. To help deal with
this, we have an extension point -
"org.eclipse.debug.core.launchConfigurationComparators" - which allows you
to define custom "Comparators" for specfic launch config attributes. We do
this in JDT for various attributes that contain XML with potential
whitespace differences that should be ignored.

For example, see the class RuntimeClasspathEntryListComparator, and its
associated extension in org.eclipse.jdt.launching.

Darin

Ken_Dyck@xxxxxxxx
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/27/2005 08:08 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."

platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-debug-dev] End-of-line conversion in launch configurations

Hi,

I noticed recently that launch configurations containing mult-line
attributes on Windows have their CRLF line endings converted to LF endings
when the configuration is written to XML for storage. The launch
configuration dialog, however, doesn't perform the same conversion when it
compares changes in the working copy to the stored copy, resulting in an
Apply button that is always enabled when the configuration contains
multi-line strings.

Is this the intended behaviour or should I file a bug?

I can fix the problem in my launch configuration tab by converting the
CRLFs in the performApply method, but it seems rather hackish to me.

Regards,
Ken
Ken Dyck
Senior Member of Technical Staff