Re: [platform-debug-dev] What mechanism is in place of IDebugUIConstants.ATTR_TARGET_RUN_PERSPECTIVE attribute?

Eclipse 3.0 no longer supports a perspective per launch configration &
mode. The feature was generalized to support a perspective per launch
configuration type.

You could add you own support to acheive this by setting the associated
perspective with a config type as "none" (PERSPECTIVE_NONE), and then add
a custom launch listener to change to the desired perspective.

Darin

Alex Chapiro <achapiro@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
07/19/2004 03:58 PM
Please respond to
platform-debug-dev

platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-debug-dev] What mechanism is in place of
IDebugUIConstants.ATTR_TARGET_RUN_PERSPECTIVE attribute?

Working on migration of our plugis to Eclipse 3.0 I realized that launch
configuration attribute IDebugUIConstants.ATTR_TARGET_RUN_PERSPECTIVE
has been marked as deprecated. I cannot find equivalent to this option
that lets to specify perspective per configuration, not per
configuration type (using DebugUITools.setLaunchPerspective) as
documentation recommends. I need it because in our implementation
different configurations that belong to one configuration type can be
connected with different default perspectives.
Any ideas how to do it now will be appreciated.