Re: [platform-debug-dev] Releasing code

> Is it alright to release code to CVS today and tomorrow? I know we're in
> test pass, but if we have code ready is it alright to release? For
> instance, I had to fix one of our bugs to test a fix that we got from
> Platform-UI.

It would be better to hold off releasing non-doc bug fixes to HEAD until
after the test pass. I suggest putting the fix into a patch and attaching
it to the PR. Fixing bugs now requires the approval of 2 team leads, an
announcement to the releng list, and a code review by a second committer
before releasing for inclusion in RC3.

See the end game for further details:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/eclipse-project-home/plans/3_0/freeze_plan.html

Back to the top