Re: [platform-debug-dev] Rationale for <fontDefinition> extension

Alain,

here is the policy:
*     the font definition extension point - to be used for all font
definitions are in one place in the preferences
*     the theme definition extension point -  only to be used for the
workbench colors

Here is the reason for the 2nd item. We have found that we will not be able
to move all the
color settings under Colors&Fonts using the theme extension point for 3.0.
We want to avoid
a hybrid solution where some component's color settings show up under
Colors&Fonts and some
color settings show up in the component's preference settings.

So went it comes to colors use Ant and Java as your guide.

--erich

             "Alain Magloire"
             <alain@xxxxxxx>
             platform-debug-de         platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             v-admin@eclipse.o                                          cc
             rg
                                                                   Subject
                                       [platform-debug-dev] Rationale for
             05/20/2004 06:54          <fontDefinition> extension
             PM

             Please respond to
             platform-debug-de
               v@xxxxxxxxxxx

Bonjour
  Could someone redirect me to the correct doc on the policy of using
the <theme><fontDefiniton> extensions.

PR 62234 and 62236

Seems to indicate that we should not use it.

For example CDT defines a category C++ for its build console and CEditor.
And we were going to put some contributions to the "Debug" theme.

But after reading PR 62234 and 62236.  We are no longer sure of the right
policy.
To be clearer should our fond/colors be in the "Debug" theme ?
Should it be in our Preference Page ?
Should ibe in our theme say "C Debug Appearance"?

Thanks.