Re: [platform-debug-dev] LCD need

> Yes it is.  I'm not done poking around, but it looks like the whole launch
> configuration thing is substantially (but not totally) one-sided.  It's
> very easy for plugins to provide launchConfigurationType, with a great deal
> of flexibility.  It's very hard for a plugin to consume
> launchConfigurations/Types, except in a narrow path.  As it stands now,
> most of the consumption is being down by the debug.ui plugin, and possibly
> one or two other eclipse-internal plugins (ant, external tools).
>
> That having been said, I *may* have found to do what I need to do "well
> enough" using the LaunchConfigurationPropertiesDialog.  I'll know more by
> the time the weekends over, I expect.

I have managed to work around the limitations of the current API, using the
Proeprties Dialog.  It's not ideal, but it works well enough for now.   But
the API is very unbalanced.  For example, (as far as I can tell), there's no
way to delete a Configuration, but there it is possible to create one.

David

Back to the top