[platform-debug-dev] Launch configuration tab groups

For the profiler, we're looking to be able to share launch configuration
types with the run and debug modes. This means if I profile a local java
application, then the launch configuration should appear under the profile,
run, and debug toolbar launch button menus. Currently, the launch modes are
specified along with the launch configuration types, and don't appear to be
extensible from outside, meaning I can't add the "profile" mode to an
existing type (that I know of). Is there any way around this other than
asking the debug folks to add it for us?

Also, I'm a bit confused by the way tab groups work. I would like to add a
few tabs for the "Java Application" type when it is run in "profile" mode.
There is an extension point for this, but it only seems to allow redefining
the full tab group for a particular mode. If it were done this way, then
our profiling tab groups would have to be maintained whenever the default
tab groups change. Is there any way to only add a few tabs, and not
redefine the tabs for a particular mode?

Curtis d'Entremont
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-3562, T/L: 969-3562
cdentrem@xxxxxxxxxx