Re: [platform-debug-dev] Launch Variables

The contributed variable/value is similar to the JDT classpath variable contribution for a JRE. A plug-in may want to contribute a "standard" variable such that all its clients benefit/share from a common setup. For example, a plug-in contributing a launcher for a web server may want to define a variable that points to the server installation. In this case, a default value may not be known (to supply in plug-in XML), but perhaps the plug-in can infer a default value when required by searching the file system for the installation. In this case, the "initializer" is used to provide an initial value for the variable by performing a search in the file system.

To provide flexibility I feel we should allow contributions to initialize their variables in either way (i.e. a default value attribute, or provide a delegate to do the work in code).

Darin

Jared Burns <jared-eclipse@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/05/2003 04:56 PM